In the previous chapter we leant a few applicable techniques relating to how one can fine-tune the mind such that he/she can be in a better position to remember names of new friends.
Chapter six focuses on how one can successfully set the memory in the right direction towards remembering vital data during exam time.
First off, an exhaustive list of tips you can use prior to facing your exam:
a. Prepare well ahead of your time. The best way to do this is reading through notes early enough such that you can be finely prepared come D-day. Consequently, you shall be familiar with all terms in a given structure. This shall present you with extra confidence since you already know that you prepared for questions well in advance.
b. One can also jot down notes in point form for easy remembrance. It’s not worthwhile for one to borrow another individual’s notes as they may be writing in their own unique style which could be very different from what you are used to. People understand information differently and what one puts into his/her notebook may be different from what you may wish to know. Besides, jotting down the information shall better assist you in memorization techniques.
c. One should prefer to use related tools to review work for the sake of exams. Highlighters can put more emphasis on words which you feel they require more remembrance, or mnemonics to adequately remember substances which are enumerated.
d. Identify a serious study group and join. This is definitely an ample way for one to enjoy an ample exchange of several ideas. It shall moreover enhance your memory and also lighten up your burden.
e. Relax. Some few days prior to the exam one must try to get enough rest. Spend time with friends or proceed to play computer games. One will minimize pressure and stress which will make the mind much fresher and settled to tackle the forthcoming mind boggling questions.
f. Eat sufficient food and also sleep right. You can’t expect to party all through the night then drink yourself crazy prior to exams and still suppose to pass with flying colors. Simply put, this is the stupidest you can do prior to an exam. It can be likened to rationing your own failure atop a sizable silver plate. Reserve this partying vigor for later. Eat amply and attempt to get yourself some decent sleep to relax your brain.
g. Never be lazy. Success never favors those that don’t set proper aims or work extra hard to achieve their goals.
Complete your own part to be in a better position to seize whichever exam that will come your way. Achievement will just be on your fingertips if you follow these simple rules.
Other Popular Techniques
Forget all about the other scores. Clear your mind by trying to put aside other scores that you may have scored in previous tests. Just focus and think through:
- How convinced are you in regards to your preparation?
- Does the dread of undertaking these tests stifle you?
- Are you irresolute on keenness towards giving your best shot for the test?
If your answer in regards to the preceding two questions in affirmative, then most probably you are in the league of failures. But don’t panic as there is a solution.
- Take things easy. Getting frenzied after realizing the above two facts will serve you no good. You should instead try to get even. Have a constructive self esteem and see yourself as a bright examinee.
- Think through any tough goals that have ever been achieved to give you extra confidence. It’s this positive mind structure that will offer guidance and effectively optimize emotions such that you can realize the best results.
- Don’t generalize topics of study before fully understanding them. Avoid terming some sections as the ‘bad areas’ as this will only discourage you from appropriately revising them. Remember that fine & bad are simple terms which one employs as excuses for not performing as per the required standards.
After all, it would be almost impossible for one to study a particular subject when he/she hasn’t yet prepared his mind to grasp necessary information. You should remove all negative opinions from the mind if good results are to be realized. This shall assist one to amply prepare for several sections. The mind will be extra occupied in your study course, and success shall definitely come through your way.
Benefits of Mentally Preparing For An Exam
Proper test preparation is much more significant than one may have thought. Sufficient schooling shall have a significant impact all through your life since normally it shall determine:
- The amount of cash you shall earn in future. Research reveals that those who boast much higher education will categorically earn at least 33% more cash than those with little education. While this may not seem quite a lot, it is only when you take out the calculator and then multiply number of years you will be in service with salary that you’ll realize how much is due.
- Living standards will be improved. Commonly, your income shall determine factors like kind of car that you shall drive, size of house that shall be bought, and the number of family holidays that will be taken.
- Your kid’s schooling. It’s the income you earn that shall give you choice in regards to where to tutor the children. Simply put, one is only limited by the amount of cash that he/she has.
You need to ask yourself what could be more significant than the discussed factors. Is it your gang, fake friends or drugs? Or alternatively, is it your apathy, lack of enough motivation, laziness or comfort zone. Now, if one truly believes that his/her life, the future children and also freedom are much more vital then the person should consider sufficient test preparation so as to sufficiently pass the exams.
Scheduling For the Main Exams
12 Months Prior To the Exams
- Learn all about recollection and speed safeguarding to assist you properly incorporate and remember extra knowledge.
- Also put your fun life up on hold as you wholly focus on revising right till exam time. This simply means that you will have to minimize the amount of time spent with friends.
- Formulate a standard weekly plan. Dedicate ‘x’ amount of hours each week for serious study. Select a venue where you will not be disturbed by others.
- Break down study material to minute and sufficiently attainable goals and objectives. You should always celebrate the moment you attain the set goals as this shall give you extra energy to achieve probable goals.
- Sufficiently communicate all your intentions over to the instructors. Ask these individuals for help or counsel. Seek their advice when faced with a deadlock during the course of operations
6 Months Prior To the Exams
- Learn sufficient techniques on how to unwind. A student can do this by amply focusing on breathing systems. The objective would be to breathe much slower and profoundly to ensure that the diaphragm fiber muscle will work the stomach area perfectly. Don’t breathe too much as this will cause you to faint.
- Your initial objective will be breathing at least four times each minute. Roughly seven seconds in and also another seven seconds out. The examinee should practice this superb de-stressor system all through the day. It should also be practiced for just 15 minutes prior to retiring to bed. This must be done each day up to the final exams.
3 Months Prior to Exams
- At this point one should have sufficiently covered most of the subjects of study. This would be the time vital in reworking through subjects that had initially proved to be burdensome for you to grasp. One must make a sure list of several subjects or constituent parts of the same. Subsequently, make a weekly blueprint to subdivide your tasks to manageable fractions.
A Single Month before Exams
- Thoroughly learn about them & create a standard Mind Map targeting every subject, particularly those that are difficult. Focus your key subject at the core of each page then sufficiently attach relative subheadings onto the key subject. Important notes will then have to be attached aside each subheading.
2 Weeks Prior To the Test
- Commence with practicing relevant positive imagery and feedback techniques. Construct photos up in your head as related to achievement and also success. Always maintain confidence throughout your preparation prior to the final exams.
- View yourself as waking up morning of D-day and being considerably certain, prepared and equipped to tackle the day. You should picture yourself settling down then glancing at the exam sheet or computer, and relatively knowing that you shall perform excellently for each question that is thrown over to you.
- Begin arguing, probing and rejecting that small voice deep in your mind which is conveying negative messages to you. Let it know that its wrong and you are the one in full control of your life’s direction.
1 Day Prior To the Test
- Take time to relax through spending most of your day engaged in diaphragm inhalation procedures. Clear out your mind from all negative thoughts and try to be part of the systems you are learning. You’ve already done considerable work, so it would only be worthwhile for you to get enough rest, and also be mentally prepared to tackle the task around the corner.
Proper assessment preparation is definitely worth each hour that you have sacrificed.